Paderno World Cuisine Blue Carbon Steel Crepe Pan / 9 1/2"
Why I like it: The uses for a crêpe pan would not be as obvious as one may expect, until you see that my tortillas can be made in a crêpe pan, again simplifying the process greatly. Make sure to read up on using a crêpe pan as they cook differently than your common skillet.
Brand: Paderno World Cuisine
- The crepe pan provides excellent heat conduction due to its pan base made of heavy-duty carbon steel, an alloy of iron & carbon, which is extremely durable & can last a lifetime if properly cared for
- The carbon steel griddle by Paderno World Cuisine comes with a polished surface that will need to be seasoned in order to achieve the natural non-stick surface that makes these pans so desirable
- To create the initial layers of seasoning begin by washing the skillet with hot soapy water / Then use a flavorless oil and wipe the entire surface with it before heating it on the stove
- The Paderno pancake pan is induction-ready and thus can be used on any hot plate & broiler and in the oven / Additionally, it comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- Items delivered: 1 x 9 1/2 inches (24 cm) blue carbon steel pan by Paderno World Cuisine for crepes, pancakes, omelettes, tortillas and many other egg dishes / NOT dishwasher-safe
Release Date: 22-11-2007
Paderno World Cuisine Blue Carbon Steel Crepe Pan
Steel is at the core of many cookware lines. It is comparable to solid cast-iron due to its raw finish but is lighter, unbreakable and won't chip, and will not retain odors. An alloy of iron and carbon, it is hard, durable and warp-resistant, and is impervious to metal objects, such as knives, forks and spatulas. Steel pans comply with demanding professional requirements, such as long pre-heating times, high-heat levels and intensive use, and are thermal shock-resistant and compatible with all heat sources, including induction. Commonly called "carbon steel", they come with different finishes including silver if intensely polished, or a blue or black finish from a heat treatment process which protects temporarily against oxidation. The Paderno World Cuisine 9 1/2-inch crepe pan is constructed of high-quality, polished carbon steel and is cooktop-, oven- and broiler-safe. The thickness of the steel, 1/8", allows for longer pre-heating which results in a hotter surface that quickly cooks and singes crepes.
Paderno World Cuisine
After an initial seasoning and continued use, the carbon steel pan will lose its initial sheen, but acquires a natural non-stick surface that won't chip, scratch or peel off. To maintain the finish and avoid oxidation, wash the pan in hot water, then wipe dry with a paper towel. It may then be oiled and stored in a dry place. Most chef dry their steel pans by putting them in a low temperature oven for a few minutes.
Founded in 1925 under the name of "Alluminio Paderno" and specialised in the production of aluminium pots and pans for the household, today Paderno is a leading international brand in the manufacture and sale of professional cookware and kitchen items for the restaurant and hospitality industry.
Package Dimensions: 17.6 x 6.8 x 3.2 inches