Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Petite Jelly Roll Size, 8-1/4" x 11-3/4"
Why I like it: I love how these mats save clean-up time!
- Turn ANY pan into a non-stick surface and save time cleaning up! Use Silpat instead for any baking recipe (sweet or savory) that calls for parchment paper; Silpat replaces the need for butter, grease, oils, and sprays
- Made of fiberglass mesh and the highest quality food grade silicone, which provides consistent heat distribution and promotes even baking and browning
- Silpat is the original non-stick baking mat and has stood the test of time with use by the most demanding chefs in the world; Silpat products conform to US regulations on food grade silicone, and are FDA, NSF, and Kosher certified
- Mat measures 8-1/4" x 11-3/4"; Rinse with soapy hot water after use and lay flat or hang to dry; Lay flat or roll to store
- Temperature safe for use in the oven, microwave and freezer (-40° F to 500° F)
Release Date: 29-03-2004
Details: Product Description This 11-3/4 x 8-1/4-inch mat will turn your pan into a non-stick surface. Silpat is especially great for working with sticky materials such as gooey dough, taffy, caramel, or anything your imagination allows. Nothing sticks to Silpat, so it will save you a lot of time cleaning as there is no more sticky mess on your pans! Silpat never needs greasing, which saves both time and money, and creates less waste for our environment. Use Silpat instead for any baking recipe that calls for parchment paper. It is ideal for use when creating Danish pastries, baking biscuits, working with sugar and all sugary and salted preparations. Silpat mats are made of fiberglass and food grade silicone and are completely food safe, and can be used thousands of times. Life of product varies--lasts 2,000 to 3,000 uses depending on use and care. Silpat products conform to US regulations on food grade silicone, and are FDA, NSF, and Kosher certified. Can be used at temperatures varying from -40 degrees C to 250 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 500 degrees F). Do not cut the Silpat as the fiberglass mesh particles might migrate into the food. Made in France. Silpat is known around the world as the original non-stick baking liner. Nothing sticks to Silpat! Sasa Demarle Inc. was founded in 1965 by M. Guy Demarle in Northern France. Mr. Demarle was an experienced baker who was seeking a better way to make baguette bread with forms using non-stick silicone coatings. He went on to invent the first non-stick baguette baking trays or filets, as they are known in France. A few years later, Mr. Demarle also went on to invent and create the original Silpat and is known around the world as the original non-stick baking liner. Since then, we continue to strive for improvements in non-stick products for the baking, patisserie and food-service industries. Amazon.com Use a Silpat mat just once, and you'll be hooked. Forget messy buttering or greasing. Simply lay the mat on any baking sheet or pan, place your cookies, scones, open-face cheese sandwiches, and more on top, and slip the pan into the oven. When your cookies are done, they slide right off with a spatula. Made in France of fiberglass and silicone, tough Silpat baking mats are FDA, NSF, and Kosher certified, and are oven-safe to 480 degrees F. Each mat should last 2,000 to 3,000 times, depending on use and care. To clean, wipe with hot, soapy water and lay flat or hang to dry. Store the mats flat in a drawer or rolled and secured with a rubber band. This is the smallest of the Silpat mats, measuring just 8-1/4 by 11-3/4, about the size of a sheet of paper. As a result, it's perfect for use in a toaster oven or for small batches of baked goods in a conventional oven. The mat is also safe to use in a microwave or freezer. Give your favorite baker a silicone Silpat mat, and they'll thank you for the revelation. --Ann Bieri
Package Dimensions: 9.1 x 2.4 x 2.1 inches